Monday, October 02, 2006

Guerrilla Gardening, Part IV

Well, finally it is done-- or finished being started. Or something. Is a garden ever done?

Anyhoo-- putting the philosophical questions aside, this Saturday my neighbor and I dug up the remaining bermuda grass, tilled the stony soil by hand, and planted a 12' x 12' garden with a few transplanted perennials, some annual color (to satisfy the code controllers) and, of course, my little winter garden in the back. Off to the left is the xeriscape garden my neighbor started 10 years ago that is thriving. Let's hope the new addition takes off!

4 Comments:

Blogger KFarmer said...

looks lovely! good job :)I have not had the ground tilled so dont know if my winter garden is even going to get planted- oh well. There's always taters, etc. to plant in Februay :)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Oh, can't wait to see it once it matures a bit. It's wonderful to watch that transformation... I'm sure your fellow hoodies will appreciate it.

We started our fall planting over the weekend. We were going to pull up the few remaining tomato plants in one bed only to discover we have more than TWO DOZEN green balls a-growin'!! I sure hope they mature and ripen... tasty... OH so tasty!

7:06 AM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm doing my thirteen thursday now because I'm out blog hoping and my day will be full and won't have time doing it then.
Will posted the 19th.

Oh I'm waiting for my glads to die back so I can dig them and we here in North Idaho have to replant them every spring.

3:52 PM  
Blogger RR said...

Hi Lacy and Wes. I've just discovered your blog and am thrilled. I am a guerrilla gardening too and run a website from here in the UK that compiles all sorts of different guerrilla gardening. I am now writing a colourful book about guerrilla gardeners which will be out in the US next year published by Bloomsbury. I am looking for lots of examples and would like to profile your guerrilla gardening, and include some pictures - you have a great sequence of the progress. Please get in touch at richard@guerrillagardening.org (my website seems to have crashed for the first time in about 10 months this afternoon, so if you get a bounce please do try again).
All the very best. Great stuff
Richard

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home