Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dog-Chickens

Well the chickens are doing well....

They get along well with the dogs, except for the rare occasion... when they attempt to species-jump and go after poor Frisco's food.

He's just a mini-poodle! But regardless of size or number of teeth, every day when I get home from work, let out the girls, and feed the dogs, there Camilla and Piggy are--- taking advantage of their poor co-habitators. The dogs have gotten lazy in this heat, and don't always go after their food with the gusto they used to. This is rapidly changing as two feathered lovelies make a bee-line as soon as they hear the food hit the aluminum bowl.

Frisco will occasionally bark and growl, but since I have severely disciplined the dogs in the past for messing with the chickens, I think the girls have no innate fear. They glance over their shoulders at the annoyance, and continue to chow down on his dinner. Sad? yes. Funny to watch chickens steal food from a poodle? Oooooh, yes.

Also, I'm sorry about the lack of posting, but my camera is KAPUT, and I really don't like posting without a photo-- hence the appearance of the terrible photos from my phone. Soon I will get a new camera and be excited about posting, but until then........

3 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

Wowwie zowwie... your girls have grown! Are they laying yet? My Ella is proving to be quite the prolific layer, we're oh so proud! Ginger, well, Jeremy is convinced she may be a dud. We'll give her a few more weeks and see. She just enjoys eating and running around with her best friend forever, Ella. :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger KFarmer said...

I understand about the lack of camera. I was in the same boat a few months ago. Hope you get a new one soon.

Your girls look so healthy. You're a good farm girl :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Duane k said...

I just found this blog... I can really relate!!! (I'm a computer programmer by day, farmer by evenining and weekend)

We just recently released some of oucr chickens to free range. One casualty to our four dogs... That one hen sacrificed herself to force us to give our pups a lesson.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home