Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mmmmmmm... Scones!

Yesterday I was doing my daily blog run, and while at my favorite of all blogs, Farmgirl Fare, I happened upon one of the recipes she posted loooong ago. Somehow I mustered up the urge to bake, and so on my grocery trip to Whole Foods, I picked up the few needed ingredients and set about to make some delicious Savory Cheese & Scallion Scones! I subbed fresh from the garden chives and yummy cheddar, and it was quite a treat! Paired with a fresh and mostly local organic salad, it made for a lovely dinner (on the sofa in front of the TV because The Closer was on...)

Mmmmmm... farmgirl baking... I'll have to do this more often!

(and ps... add an egg, a slice of cheddar and a generous helping of organic cream cheese, and you've got yourself a killer breakfast sandwich!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

Farmfair Girl is a favorite daily stop of mine, as well. She definitely shares some delicious recipes! I've yet to try the scone recipe but have it saved in my growing file of treats found on her site.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

So glad you enjoyed the scones! I've made a cheddar & chive version, too (kept meaning to write about it in fact)--delish. And I love the breakfast sandwich idea--thanks! And thanks for all the kind words (from you and girlonaglide). : )

4:59 PM  
Blogger Gracious Acres said...

This recipe is great! I often substitute lemon/almond or cranberry/walnut and YUMMMM!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home