Thursday, May 11, 2006

Introducing....

So, after much consternation and vacillation and other thoughtful type activities, we have finally named the chicks. And about the next 15 animals we get. For a day or two they were named after my great grandma's (Jewel and Lula), but instead we decided to name our first two milk cows that....

And of course, the first gut feeling was right. Muppets.

I have loved the Muppets since I was little, and what on earth would be better than eventually being surrounded by a flock of chicken muppets??!!! (with perhaps one Thanksgiving turkey named Big Bird.... and a rooster named Gonzo)

So, without further adue, meet.......

Miss Piggy


and Camilla!!!!


Now perhaps you don't see why I chose these names.... allow me to demonstrate:



Right!!! Get it!!! They look EXACTLY like their namesakes! Okay, maybe not, but I've always loved Miss Piggy (I wanted to be her from about 2 yrs of age till 8 (or maybe 20)). And Camilla? Well she's a CHICKEN!! And she's Gonzo's girlfriend, which will be perfect when we get Gonzo the rooster...

So there ya go. Properly named chickens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

*applause*
Perfectly selected names! And, I love the g'ma/milk cow idea. What a lovely homage.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have very vivid memories of watching The Muppets when I was 4 and 5 - always one of my favorite shows! Great names :-)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the names! Funny how we tend to name every farm animal we get, but hey, why not!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lacy, seen your posts on Farmgirl Fare. You made me hoot; first that you, like us, bend over backwards to accommodate the animals in tiniest backyard. Love the Looney Tunes coop by the way! Second, your post re bird doggin'. Can't tell you how many times I've had to listen to Corporate Bull in meetings. Being in UK, it's even WORSE hearing UK business types applying American business slang! And like you, I yearn for leaving it all behind. Anyway, thanks for the laugh, off to play bulls*** bingo again!

1:50 AM  
Blogger KFarmer said...

Your girls are just too cute! I love the names and laughed out loud at work. :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home