Tuesday, April 11, 2006

CONTAIN-O-RAMA and other stories

Wow. Sometimes life throws you curve balls, and sometimes it eeks by like one of those old waterwheels in an old dried up river. Then there are the times where it flies at you 100 mph from every direction and hurls your forward regardless of your feelings on it. That is where I am now.... there is SO much going on, new projects starting every day, new ideas, things falling by the wayside, etc.

SO, first-- we got really lucky at a garage sale on Sunday and tripled the size of my "garden"


I met a cool lady and had a look at what a REAL urban farm could look like.
http://www.happyhenfarm.org/

Gas hit $3 a gallon, so we decided to buy a scooter for neighborhood errands (being delivered in a few weeks!) and met another cool guy that told us ALL about motorcycles and scooters.

I became the crazy lady who drives around high-end neighborhoods gathering their trashed grass clippings for mulch (I got a HUGE bag! Luckily I was in the Man's car, so I didn't get little Judy the bug all grassy)

The CLUCK put a coop building workshop on the calendar for the weekend after the wedding, so my little chick-a-dees will have a place to grow up (still haven't talked to the landlord... thinking about just putting them in and then saying, "Oh, THIS??? This is my chicken coop. Oh, yea, those are it's inhabitants.... that's not a problem... RIGHT?")

And the seedlings are growin' like CRAZY! We'll see how they turn out... the Tigerella Tomatos seem to be filling out well, and as you can see, the sugar snap peas are having quite a time of it (*reminder to self: MUST get raised bed against fence built to house these little beauties!)

Oh, and all the wedding stuff. Going good, will soon be married. We finally bought rings this weekend, so even if all else fails, we WILL be married in approximately 11 days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

The HappyHen link didn't work. Maybe they're doing some work on it? I'm glad you posted The Cluck... I've never seen that site. It's going on my list! Kudos to you for scoring the extra containers! I plan on adding more to my collection soon. OH... and thanks for stopping by my site!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Your seeds have really taken off! I can't wait to see pictures of your chicks too - I can't seem to convince my husband that having a few chickens would be a good idea. Keep us all posted on how they do.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

okay-- so something WEIRD is going on with BLOGGER... it posted this post THREE times for some odd reason-- had to delete two, but mostly for my reference, here are the other two comments...

Michelle said...
Yep, I think forgiveness is easier to ask for then permission! So, sounds like some chickens are in your future! *smile*

9:42 PM


Sonflowergurl said...
I LOVE your garden! And the chicks, I'd love to do that too, but my hubby isn't ready to do any "farming"...I have to figure out how to convince him it's his idea to do something like that! LOL

8:03 AM

8:28 AM  
Blogger squire said...

Keep us posted on the scoot. I had a scooter or motorcycle all my life until the last few years. Thinking about another, more for the gas savings than the "wind in my face"

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home