Monday, February 27, 2006

Home Sweet Home!



From here...


To here!



Finally-- our newest (oldest) home. It's a house built in 1913 that has been cut into a duplex... Though if you see the front, it looks like it's all ours :-). We officially have all the furniture in, but there's still a LOT of work to do! And on top of the TONS of boxes we lugged out of the storage containers, my first bridal shower was this weekend, so we had EVEN MORE boxes to unpack.... OH, the burdens I have to bear ;-). In fact, one of my favorite things about the new house is our adorable little display shelf in the kitchen, where I'm showing off all of our beautiful new things!



And in the backyard (which my best friend who lived here before me recently seeded with grass) a little bit of surprise spring peeking through!


Now, there's a LOT of work to do, and even MORE gardening and fun stuff to do to fill up my new front porch and back patio.... and a wedding to plan, and a job to go to... and, and, and... aahhh!!! I'm a busy gurl!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable house, I love those older homes, so cozy! Enjoy it, just pace yourself, you'll get it all done, your a farmgirl!!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a lovely cottage!! The display cabinet is wonderful- and its filled with beautiful things!

Like Sue said, a little at a time!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Kathie said...

Great place - I found your blog by way of Homestead Herbs and I'll be back to read again.

10:46 AM  
Blogger KFarmer said...

What a beautiful home!Here's to you and yours and many, many happy moments shared- Cheers!

What a happy time this must be for you-:)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I came across your blog by way of Simple Katie. What I cute house! And, ah, the joys that come with living in one. Congrats to you in so many ways!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Congratulations! And those daffodils are just lovely. : )

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home