Thursday, February 23, 2006

On the Road Again...


Well, here we go again-- our third move in 4 months. At least this one is into someplace we want to stay... at least for a little while. The first move: from our tiny apartment in Los Angeles to my parents' house. The second move: OUT of my parents house, into what I like to call "the halfway house", a crappy even tinier apartment in suburban Plano. This move: from Plano to our reasonably large 1915 house/duplex in the heart of a historic area of Dallas. Not quite a farm, but if this house had land around it, it would be perfect!!! Huge high ceilings, BIG windows everywhere, a big farmgirl porch, and a little yard for the doodles. Who could ask for more? Well, me... but we'll discuss that later!

Will post photos as soon as I'm there before midnight and not unloading furniture! hahaha...

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

One good thing about moves is you get rid of alot of the stuff you haven't used since you moved in!! At least that's what I found in my zillion moves!!

Your new abode sounds like fun!

9:12 AM  
Blogger KFarmer said...

Happy trails to you! I hope you find much happiness in your new home. If the look you are sporting is any indication, you will- :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

Homesteadherbs- oooooooh, the stuff. We put all of our stuff into storage containers when we left LA 4 months ago, and they're being delivered today... I'm NOT relishing unloading those!

kfarmer- Thanks! The pic is actually from the original move from LA. Cross country with two dogs, a bird and a mom... it was an interesting trip! The smile is still here, just a little road-weary.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The new house sounds great, can't wait to see pics, and don't forget to plant those flower seeds I sent you! lol

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home