Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sprouts

Woo-Hoo!! I'm not a failure yet!



So I'm a little obsessed with the new gardening thing... I check on my little seedlings just about every half-hour when I'm home. and weirdly enough, they rarely disappoint! The cosmos started coming up the second day (and are now hittin the top of the little greenhouse), the Texas Hummingbird Sage and the tomatillos started coming up the third, and yesterday a giant Edamame seedling reared it's beautiful head. And this morning, when I thought all hope was lost for the sunflowers (I know I could direct-seed them, but what the hell) a sprout was peeking through! This is so ridiculously exciting... haha

I ALSO found this morning a LOCAL urban chickens forum! This guy was profiled in the paper this morning, and he lives right near me and keeps black aulstrops (sp?) and americunas! And I think a bunch of others. Anyway, he started a messageboard to help other urban chicken-ers, and I'm once again SOOO EXCITED!

It's all coming together....

6 Comments:

Blogger KFarmer said...

It wont be long and you will have hens under your feet and herbs in your apron... ahhh- the good life :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The good life indeed!! I've been gardening since I was a little girl and I still get excited, so I understand! Cheap thrills are the best! lol

2:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel! One of the first things I do each morning is check on my seedlings (all 200+ of them), rotate them, and spritz them with water. It's a great feeling to see a bit of green popping up where there was none the day before.

Good luck to you and your gardening project!

7:20 AM  
Blogger just me said...

HI!

I enjoy reading your blog and was wondering if you mind if I list it under my favorite links on my blog..

Thanks!

Michelle

11:13 PM  
Blogger just me said...

Lacy, Thanks! Link added. Yes, I love Mary Jane's Farm fiorum, so informative!
Sounds like you will have a lovely honeymoon, can't wait to hear about the Farm!

PS. COngrats on upcoming wedding!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lacy- Jon read this to me and I had to make a comment with my ridiculously expensive education and experience that you should pick something besides sheep. While sheep are very cute they are not very bright. Try goats, they are much smarter and will handle the hot weather better. I also like chickens and cows. While I love every animal and would never deny them care, sheep are my least favorite. Or, as my parents always wished, newt farming. They were tired of paying for the horse...
See you soon!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home