Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lack of Mojo

Hey, bloggers and family--

I've been very lax on this blog thing lately... and on pretty much everything. Ever have one of those times in your life when you just lose motivation to do ANYTHING? It's been about 3 weeks and counting for me. I'm trying to force it, but I'm not too good at that. I've stopped the running that I started about 3 months ago, I've stopped eating healthy, I've slacked off on my art, crafts, and most things creative, I took off work Friday to try and rest up and recharge my innards, and it worked a little, but I'm still struggling.

In the meantime, here's a little update on the garden:




The greens are growing like crazy, and I think i'll have to thin them out a bit soon and try a little homemade harvest. The broccoli is coming slowly, the spinich even more so, and the mache was a no-show (pretty sure it was just too hot. We got a heat wave that left us in the 90's for about a week).

And a gorgeous Texas sunset (with gorgeous Texas hubby).


Our friends' father has a big ranch out in Northeast Texas, and we went out there for a couple of weekends to fish, make a bonfire, and just chat and four-wheel and such.... great fun, and the perfect time of year to do it.






3 Comments:

Blogger KFarmer said...

I understand exactly how you feel- I've not had much energy or motivation to do anything for a while. Hopefully when the cool weather shows up it will put a spark back in both of us! :)

Your garden looks great and that sunset..ahhhhh so beautiful.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean. I thought I would never feel motivated to do anything again, which worried me since I have so much to do on a daily basis. I found that venting a bit helps to uncover the why's of my feelings.

By the way, what is mache?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Juli said...

Nice to see an update Lacy. Sorry your mojo tank is on E. Take care of yourself, it'll fill back up in time. Good lookin' growth goin' on in the garden. I like to see the green transformation. :) And a lovely sunset... glad you both got the H-E-double hockey sticks outta dodge for some R&R!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home