Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snowy!!!!

Winter has finally hit Dallas! We had a big (small) ice storm come through Monday, and today it's surprise snow! I knew something was up at about 4am this morning when the Nova-dog freaked out and tried to jump into bed with me. She is terrified of anything "falling" outside, and since her chair is by the window, she scrambles for a new place to sleep about 30 minutes before any kind of real "weather" starts up. Then, when I let the dogs out for their morning run, the deck was covered in snow! The TV stations and all are going CRAZY, since they predicted no snow for Dallas today, and half of the freeway overpasses are closed. ALL of the school systems are closed, but here I am, like an idiot, at work. Unfortunately I live about 2 miles from work, all on surface streets, so there's not much of a reason for me to not come. However, the only other people that are here right now are two others that walk to work from their downtown apartments, and I swear, if we're the only ones here at 10am, I'm going home!

Hope everyone's having a lovely wintery day!

*No photos due to the fact that I'm working overtime for the forseeable future, and I leave the house and come home in the dark.... :(

1 Comments:

Blogger KFarmer said...

I'm so jealous!!! We had the "maybe" dangled in front of us, but no... boo hoo. :( We live too far south. Enjoy!!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home