Friday, October 27, 2006

Wallpaper Extravaganza

This is a call for ideas!
I'm working on an historical renovation of a building in Downtown Dallas with my architecture firm, and the other day on a "field verification" outing I found some treasures that were getting ready to be thrown out...

The big pieces were a mid-century credenza and double-chair-loveseat type thing, but the more interesting thing that I need help with is an overabundance of kitchy 50's-60's wallpaper that I took off the walls. It is great-- ridiculous bright design, flocked gold, etc. The only problem is that NOW I have rolls and rolls of reclaimed wallpaper and nothing to do with it. I've thought of framing some as art, making placemats, and that's pretty much it. Any ideas~?!?!

Above is a little snippit of my favorite. I'll post the rest later on this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

I'd make funky envelopes out of the wallpaper and prolly use some for wrapping paper...

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends how much of a craft type you are but how about covering plain journals, pen-pots, scrap books, letter racks, waste paper bins, pin boards, laminate small strips as bookmarks .... retro-kitsch has major appeal over here. Check out ebay for ideas and to see what sells. I am doing same with retro cowgirl stuff, a fun hobby that I hope becomes a business one day.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home